- Govt mulls measures to overcome Covid-19 crisis
The government is holding a special virtual meeting to discuss ways to better respond to the Covid-19 pandemic and overcome the economic and financial difficulties Laos is facing.
Chaired by Prime Minister Phankham Viphavanh, the open government meeting is taking place in Vientiane from July 6-8...More >>>
- Lao SUSU online platform launched for effective prevention of Covid-19
The Lao SUSU mobile application has been launched in the country to ensure the effective implementation of control measures aimed at preventing and containing Covid-19.. . ..More >>>
- Over 38 bn kip worth goods damaged in fires
In the first six months of the year, 23 fires were reported from across Vientiane in which goods worth 38 billion kip were destroyed.
The cause of the fire, in most cases, was an electrical short circuit.
- Champassak sees spike in imported cases of Covid-19
Thousands of Lao nationals working in Thailand have returned home since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic last year, but some have brought the virus with them.
Cases of the virus among returning workers have soared in recent weeks, especially in Champassak province...More >>>
- Thanaleng Dry Port, Vientiane Logistics Park to open for service next month as project marks one-year anniversary
The Thanaleng Dry Port (TDP) and Vientiane Logistics Park (VLP) expect to launch a soft opening next month with services that will help reduce logistics and transport costs.
The planned opening comes after the US$727 million project has been implemented for one year. ...More >>>