Terms and conditions for online news and hard copy of the newspaper subscriptions
We would like to inform you that you can now make online payments via this website for online news subscriptions, for a hard copy of the newspaper, for advertisements on our website and for advertisements in the newspaper by using the following
Enjoy the special privileges of being a subscriber to the Vientiane Times -the premier newspaper in Laos. It was officially launched as a tabloid size on April 7, 1994. It covers a wide range of news within the country and around the world, and provides useful information about the lifestyles of the multi-ethnic Lao people. It is fair and creditable and reaches readers fast.
Vientiane Times subscription terms and conditions apply to you, the subscriber, and are included in the print and digital or online subscription.
1. Print subscription. The newspaper hard copy subscription includes home delivery in Vientiane or postage either within Laos or internationally, for a minimum period of three months. Additionally, readers can buy the Vientiane Times at selected minimarts and shops in Vientiane and from our branches in Luang Prabang, Champassak and Savannakhet provinces.
2. Please note that if you have opted to take delivery of the print edition, the applicable delivery fee, once charged, is non-refundable. If you experience any issues concerning delivery of print editions of the newspaper, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
3. Digital or online subscription provides access to Vientiane Times website articles available at www.vientianetimes.org.la. After you complete the subscription form in the webpage and make a payment, the bank will give you a verification email confirming your payment and your online subscription, username and password will be active after 24 hours, which will give you unlimited access to the contents of our newspaper every day, including advertisements.
4. You can also access back issues for up to five days. Without logging out, this username and password cannot be used on other devices so please logout every time you stop using it. Other subscribers cannot use the same name and password at the same time. Special discounts are given for longer subscriptions.
5. All subscription fees are paid in advance. Please ensure that payment is made and cleared by your bank before the recurring payment is due. For payments by credit card, your credit card account must be in good standing and remain valid to be debited successfully. If you cannot logon to the website, please contact us promptly.
6. We do not offer pro-rated refunds for cancelled online news or newspaper subscriptions. Before your subscription contract expires, Vientiane Times will send a letter to remind you. If you do not decide to cancel before the term of your subscription is up, then you will be billed for the remaining months on your subscription, you will still have access and you are still responsible for paying the entire subscription.
7. Refunds. If the subscription payment is higher than the set price due to a technical error or some other incident, please do not hesitate to request a refund at [email protected] or contact us no later than two days after the date of the payment incident at Tel: (856-21) 336042, 336048. If a request is not received via these channels within this timeframe, we will not be responsible for the incident.
8. At any time and place around the world you can pay us using the following cards: BCEL China UnionPay, VISA, MasterCard, JCB, American Express, China UnionPay and QR Codes: BCEL Onepay, UnionPay, WeChat Pay and Alipay
9. Customers can make checks payable to the Vientiane Times or make a bank transfer using an accepted bank card to (US$) A/c 010110100989471001 or (kip) A/c 010110000989471001 at the Bank pour le Commerce Exterieur Lao (BCEL). If you have already transferred your payment, please fax or email the payment receipt to the Vientiane Times address as written below.
Vientiane Times, Phonpapao Village, Sisattanak District, P.O. Box 5723, Vientiane, Lao PDR. Tel: (856-21) 336042, 336048, Fax: (856-21) 336041
Email: [email protected]
Website: www.vientianetimes.org.la ; www.vientianetimeslao.la